Shade a QGIS Map in Five Steps
This GIS Course has Step-By-Step Follow-Along videos
Are You Struggling to Learn Quantum GIS?...
- And just want someone to hold-your-hand…
- And walk you through a simple GIS mapping exercise…
- Step-by-step, follow-me-along-in-the-video style, using the exact same dataset…
- Using the FREE, fully-functional Quantum GIS…
- Assisted by captioned videos, transcriptions, and downloadable course materials that expand on the talking points.
Add Maps to your Armory of Data Analysis and Presentation Tools
Maps are the missing tool in so many professional’s toolkits. Maps are the ultimate communication tool whether your audience is decision makers, stakeholders or academics. Whether you have previous experience with GIS or not, it doesn't matter. Download the work files, then work along-side me in the videos using the exact same maps. You’ll soon start to see how you can apply GIS to your own projects. You get to eavesdrop as I work, and gain insight into how a GIS analyst works and thinks. The idea is to make this self-contained GIS course fun and easy, and cut out all the techo-gibberish that seems to accompany so many GIS tutorials!
What are you going to Learn in this GIS Course?
- You'll learn how to Shade a Map to have 9 Colors – understand the need to generalize data for some audiences, how to find a color scheme for your own GIS project, and how to validate your map
- You'll learn how to create simple time series maps
- You'll learn to understand GIS conceptually – why maps have limitations, why GIS maps are also rich databases, what is map overlay and what are the four GIS map objects
- You'll learn generic GIS functionality – how to open, navigate and interpret GIS maps and air photos, change how they look on screen, and understand the relationship between a GIS map and the table that lies behind it.
- You'll learn that the shapes and colors in GIS maps and air photos can be surrogates for both socio-economic and environmental information - visual clues such as block size, watercourse shape, location, condition and even vegetation reveals all sorts of valuable information.
- You'll learn how to use Project Files - recreate screen environments from days, months or even years ago
- Follow-along with the videos as I create a shaded map of a practical every-day GIS problem
- No previous Geographical Information Systems knowledge needed
- All Work Materials are ready for you to download
- I teach in a way that’s applicable to ALL GISs, even Arc.
- No need to purchase software. We’ll use the FREE Open Source Quantum GIS
- Unlimited lifetime access (including future upgrades)
- Unconditional, no-questions-asked full 30-day money-back guarantee!
- Course Q&A area
Who is this GIS training course for?
- Students, Academics and Professionals who want to add GIS to their armoury of data analysis and presentation tools
- Absolutely no experience is required. The course shows you exactly how to get started with GIS and shade your first map!
- Hard-of-hearing and english as a second language folk (all videos are close captioned and transcribed)
- You only need a computer, preferably running MS Windows. The software also runs on Mac, Linux, BSD and Android but I cannot support these.
- Printer to print course notes
- A notebook and pen, please!
Our course is backed by an iron clad 100% money back guarantee for 30 full days.
If for any reason you decide this course isn’t right for you, just email us for an instant no-hassle refund.
The moment you click the Add to Cart button you’ll be given immediate access to all the videos, downloads and more right inside your private online members area.
You’ll be given exclusive access to a highly sought-after training course that normally retails for $25, and for one tiny payment of just… $7 today
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank's role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.